Chocolate & Coconut Slice
One of my best friends recently had her second baby and before I went to visit for lots of cuddles, I asked if there was anything she wanted me to bring over, her answer – chocolate!
I thought I’d go one better and make one of my favourite chocolate slices. If you’ve never made this Easy Chocolate Coconut Slice before then you are really missing out.
The thing I love the most about this slice is that you probably have all of the ingredients in your cupboard and fridge, which means no extra trips to the supermarket. It’s also the simplest thing ever. You literally just ‘melt and mix’ the ingredients in the base, pop it into the oven, and then spread the icing over the slice.
Whether you’re making this slice for yourself or for a friend who’s just had a gorgeous little bub, you really can’t beat this easy chocolate coconut slice.
Prep Time | 10 min
Cook Time | 25 min
Ingredients (serves 16)
- 150g butter melted & cooled
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup plain flour
- ⅓ cup self-raising flour
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- ½ cup desiccated coconut
- 1½ cups icing sugar
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 20g butter finely chopped
- 2 tbs boiling water (you may need to add extra water if your icing is very thick and difficult to spread)
- 2 tbs extra desiccated coconut for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 160C (fan-forced).
- Grease and line with baking paper a 20x30cm lamington pan.
- Place butter, sugar, egg and vanilla in a bowl and stir until combined.
- Sift flour and cocoa into bowl and add ½ cup coconut.
- Stir until mixture has combined.
- Spread mixture evenly into pan.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until just firm.
- Sift icing sugar and cocoa into bowl.
- Add butter and boiling water and stir together.
- Spread warm slice with icing*.
- Sprinkle remaining coconut over slice.
*I like to spread my icing on while the slice is still warm, in fact when it’s just out of the oven, because the heat of the base makes it so easy to spread.
For more recipes by Lucy visit her blog Bake Play Smile.
Brought to you by…